WHY PORTA SUPERIA?
• Check in:
During the week from 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
During the weekend from 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
• Check-out: 06:30 – 11:00 (weekends from 07:30) and on Sundays we offer our guests a free late check-out until 12:00.
Yes of course!
You can always leave your suitcases with us in our luggage room from 10am, and dive further into the city.
However, your room is only ready by 4 pm.
If you really want to stay in your room, you can do so from 1:00 pm on request and subject to payment of a surcharge of € 35 / room.
If you want to check in even earlier, for example at 10 am, the price of an extra night will apply.
Of course, a late check-in is also possible. Is there a good chance that you will arrive after 10 pm?
Contact us in good time by e-mail or via the chat function of our reservation system and we will provide you with all the useful information to check in after this hour.
Pay attention: you can only use this option after receiving a payment or guarantee from your credit card.
Once you have checked in and have your key in your possession, you can freely enter the hotel and your room.
This is useful if you are still going out for dinner or have to go to a party or other occasion nearby.
You can request a late check-out (until 1:00 pm), this comes to € 35 per room.
If you depart later than 1 pm, the cost of an extra night will be charged.
Of course you can always leave your bags with us and dive further into the city without surcharge.
Every day we provide a nice fresh breakfast with the best coffee & tea.
During the week this is between 6:30 am and 9:30 am, at the weekend from 7:30 am - 10 am. Do you need to get on the track earlier? No problem! Do not hesitate to contact us or send us an e-mail before 7 pm and we will make you a breakfast package to take with you.
Since our reopening in June '20, we have applied all imposed measures.
This means there is sufficient distance between the tables and we can easily provide you with a nice breakfast at the table.
Porta Superia is an eco-luxury B&B and you will notice that at the breakfast, no plastic or pre-packaged food but fresh fresh fresh!
For a pleasant and optimal breakfast experience we work with time blocks, these are provided every 15 min.
Everything is fresh and homemade and brought to the table with a lot of love, we also bring drinks to you.
Vegan or vegetarian variations are possible as well as adjustments for those with allergies and intolerances.
However, we would like to ask you to indicate this well in advance so that we can arrange this for you.
If your request is not feasible for us, we hope for your understanding, but we would of course be happy to see what we can do for you.
Unfortunately that is not possible.
Which can! Here too we go for honestly and ecologically sound: you get a bamboo bread box * and a piece of fruit, you can keep the bread box afterwards. Woohoo!
We fill it up for you in the morning during breakfast, but start making your mouth water.
Price: € 11.00 pp.
Are you staying a few nights? Then you can have it refilled for € 9 pp, ideal right ?!
* while supplies last
We can make changes to or comments on your invoice until the time of the check-out.
Afterwards, our system will no longer allow this and this is no longer possible. Payments can be made with cash, Bancontact, Payconiq, credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express) or a voucher.
When booking a room online or on site, you also accept our terms and conditions and house rules.
Certainly, plenty of choice! You can buy a gift voucher for an amount of your choice or specifically one for an overnight stay with breakfast, etc ... If you live in the area you can come by between 10 am and 5 pm or you can buy one online via the 'GIFT Voucher' button above, nice useful!
Through our reservation module you can book your overnight stay with a gift voucher.
Every gift voucher has a unique number, you can enter this number in the coupon section.
You will see that the amount of the gift voucher is automatically taken into account when paying.
Is this not working? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we are happy to help you.
Late cancellations will be charged and the gift voucher will expire.
Contact us via email@example.com or the contact form.
All floors can only be reached by stairs
There are quite a few options around our B & B:
- We have public parking spaces around our B&B, it usually takes a while to find a parking space, but it is free parking from 20:00 in the evening to 08:00 in the morning, outside these hours you unfortunately have to 2 hours of recharge, this is possible at the street machine or via the various apps that are indicated on the payment terminals, so that you can pay remotely.
- Parking located on the Zandpoortvest, here you pay 1 € / hour from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm with a maximum of 5 € / day, and is a 15-minute walk from our B & B, this parking is during the weekend free
- Parking Bruul, this parking garage is within walking distance, you pay an evening rate from 19:00 according to the following rates: € 5.70 until 3:00 and you can find more information about the rates here; What I can deduce from their website, the price / 24h is 14 €
- Parking on the bridge at the station is also a possibility, this is a 5-minute walk and is free at the weekend.
You can safely place this in our indoor garage. Power outlets are also provided here to charge e-bikes.
We would like to ask you not to load them longer than necessary, thanks in advance for your cooperation!
Absolutely! Porta Superia is close to Vrijbroek Park and Mechels Broek, but a number of cycling junctions are also nearby.
We even have a number of walking and cycling routes on our website that you can download.
Of course! Porta Superia has its own bicycle rental. You can choose this extra option with your reservation, if you have not done this and you still want extra bikes with your reservation, go to your personal page and add them to your reservation. If this does not work, please do not hesitate to contact us! Fun guaranteed!
n your reservation confirmation you will find a link at the bottom to your personal page where you can manage your reservation.
Here you will also find information about various good restaurants in the area. Feel free to take a look in advance or book your table in time if you want to rest. In Porta Superia we do not offer lunch or dinner for our guests.
We have a heart for animals but have decided not to allow them in our B&B.
Exception: We do have 1 room available where an owner and the guide dog are welcome.
Contact us to know the availability!
No! We are behind a 100% non-smoking accommodation. We cannot accept smoking in the building, this is too dangerous and unpleasant for the other guests. This will result in a fine of € 200.
Porta Superia B&B has 5 rooms, 4 of which are equipped for a maximum of 2 persons, with the exception of the Suite Lady Margareta, which is equipped for a maximum of 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children (+ - 5 to 12 years).
A baby cot (€ 20 / night, 0-3 years) can be added in various rooms, but always on request and after confirmation from Team Porta Superia.
We prepare this with much love for your children and breakfast is included in this price.
If it turns out that more guests are staying than specified at the time of booking, a surcharge will be charged.
Large (er) families / families or friends / groups can choose 1 of the following options:
- combination Mrs. Ginger, Mr. Alan, Lady Margareta (2nd floor): these are located close to each other so that you sleep close to each other with a maximum of 8, ideal for mom or dad who want to spend a night alone
- Combination Mr. Walter and Mr. (s) & Mr. (s) Harvey: these are located close to each other on the third floor and so you can sleep with the 4 of you on one floor
- Combination of all the above: 5 rooms with a maximum occupancy of 12 people.
For a quote for your weekend, feel free to contact us!
For individual bookings:
When booking you have the choice between flexible or non refundable rates.
- A non refundable rate is cheaper but the consequence, as the name already indicates, that you can no longer cancel your stay free of charge.This is never nice news, but we cannot bear this for you, we count on your understanding and respect apply and follow these conditions.
- The flexible rates can be canceled up to 48 hours before your arrival. Ex: If you booked a stay and wish to cancel less than 48 hours before the date of arrival, the entire stay will be charged. So if you want to cancel before tomorrow, you should have canceled before 4pm yesterday. Even if you do not come, this stay will be charged.
For group bookings (> 2 rooms):
From 2 rooms we speak of a group booking, different cancellation conditions apply:
• Between 7 and 0 days before arrival: 100%.
• Between 21 and 8 days before arrival: 50%
• more than 21 days before arrival: 0%
And finally… Porta Superia cannot be held liable for theft or damage or loss of things that have occurred in the B&B.
You always remain responsible for your own belongings.
We look forward to welcoming you at Porta Superia and you can count on us to do everything we can to ensure that you have a pleasant stay while respecting the current measures.
Do you have a question or a comment, contact us because we are happy to help you, see you soon!
A little more about Mechelen ...
During a period in the 15th and 16th centuries, the Netherlands were ruled from Mechelen, and the city fulfilled the function of the administrative capital of the Netherlands (established by Margaret of Austria (1480-1530)).
This period contributed to the extensive art collection and several remarkable buildings.
The city has the second highest number of listed buildings in Flanders, including four UNESCO entries: the Sint-Romboutstoren, the Groot Begijnhof, the Belfort and the Carillon culture with the Royal Carillon School Jef Denyn, the oldest and largest carillon school in the world.
Today Mechelen is more vibrant than ever and has several beautiful shops where you can eat, drink, shop, enjoy ...
Look at the activities page to discover our favorites!