MEASURES AGAINST COVID-19 AT PORTA SUPERIA
THE BELGIAN CORONABAROMETER CURRENTLY STANDS UP: YELLOW
This implies :
- COVID SAFE TICKET (CST) or QR CODE : for all our guests there is no longer an obligation to have the QR code scanned
- MOUTH MASK: Wearing the mouth mask in our communal parts is no longer mandatory. However, our government still recommends wearing a mouth mask in indoor spaces.
- CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT : We are still checking you in with appropriate precautions.
- PROPER DISTANCE IN PORTA SUPERIA : we only have 5 rooms. It is therefore not difficult to guarantee the 1.5 m distance at all times. We still ask our guests to disinfect their hands every time they enter.
- VENTILATION & CO2 MONITORING: each room has its own ventilation system that is not connected to each other. The air in the rooms is refreshed completely automatically every 3 hours. Our entire B&B is also equipped with air purification that purifies the air up to 6 x per hour and thus purifies 99.995 % of Sars-Covid2 and other viruses from the air. A CO2 measurement system is provided in the communal area.
- HYGIENE IN OUR B&B :We guarantee regular disinfection of exposed surfaces such as door handles and banisters with antibacterial liquids. The sanitary facilities in your room are cleaned with extra care and disinfectants. After departure, each room is carefully cleaned, disinfected, permanently ventilated and, if possible, not rented out for 24 hours. If you stay longer than one night, your room will not be cleaned in the meantime for your and our safety. You can always ask for extra clean towels or other necessities for your room. There are also dispensers with disinfectant hand gel on every floor.
- MEASURES AT BREAKFAST : Breakfast is provided in our breakfast room or in good weather in our garden (100% social distancing + CO2 monitoring).
- WATCH OUT! The Belgian government is asking that prospective guests who have symptoms suggestive of COVID-19, or who have been in contact with a person with COVOD-19 or with symptoms suggestive of COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to their planned stay, should postpone stay.
- For our foreign guests : The testing and quarantine obligations are no longer applicable for those who travel to Belgium and have one of the three valid COVID certificates (vaccination, test or recovery):
- the vaccination certificate is valid for 270 days with a basic vaccination and unlimited with a booster vaccination.
- the test certificate will be valid for 24 hours for a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT). Note: only RATs approved at European level are eligible.
- PCR tests are valid for 72 hours.
- For people who come from countries with so-called disturbing variants, the specific testing and quarantine rules will continue to apply.
- Always read the obligations / requirements that are imposed on you via the website of your government before you travel to Belgium and you must of course also take into account the current measures in Belgium (testing, quarantine (this differs per country of origin) , social contact, mouth mask obligation etc. You can always find more information on the website Re-Open Eu.
- On the government site www.info-coronavirus.be you will also find all the information about the above in detail.
Finally, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that from 11/03 the Passenger Location Form only needs to be completed if you come to Belgium with a carrier from a country outside the EU or Schengen zone that is not on the white list of the European Union.
We all contribute
to stop this virus!
Staying overnight at Porta Superia means choosing safe and constantly monitored air quality.
We do this in combination with sensors and air cleaning equipment that remove 99.995% of all harmful viruses, bacteria, fine dust particles and odors from the air and ensure the healthiest ambient air, both in our rooms and in the common areas of our B&B.
Mouth mask obligation in the city center has disappeared
In the city of Mechelen, people are no longer asked to wear the mouth mask on the street or in the shops, only if too many people are present and the min. distance of 1.5 m cannot be guaranteed.
You can always consult a pressure barometer on the website of shoppenin.mechelen.be to see how busy it is in the city center.
OUR BREAKFAST IS PREPARED WITH GREAT CARE
We take all the rules into account when it comes to preparing your breakfast! both according to the rules of the FASFC (Federal Agency for Food Safety) and according to the additional COVID-19 measures.
We select our products with the greatest care and buy in small quantities from local traders, so we can always guarantee freshness and origin.